Meet: Efe Abugo CollegeFashionista G-R-O-O-V-Y Freedom lies Within You Fancy Muffin takes on the Afro Punk festival Ed Sheeran Concert

Forrest Green Gump

June 8, 2012

I used a blue color this time for the ends, I think I prefer it than the pink color I used last time :)

Hello Hello guys!! This is what I wore today, yet another outfit with the top and bottom both thrifted! SCORE!!! I made the shorts, they were originally jeans but i cut, frayed and studded them. I think they turned out quite smashing. I love the forest color, very fall and spring friendly.
 Lately, I have been getting less and less inspired by the clothes in my closet. I'm thinking its time for some serious clothes sorting. I have a closet full of stuff but everyday I feel like I don't have anything to wear >.<. So I've decided, I need to get rid of a few things in order to truly know what I really have to wear and what NEW things I need to buy. It's going to be hard to let some of the things go because I always feel like I might wear what I throw away, but of course I don't because I end up with things in my closet that I haven't worn for MONTHS (slight case of hoarding).  Any one else the same?
This post was going to be on a DIY but I realized I was missing one of the supplies needed for the DIY, so we will give the NEXT post another try,hah! I hope everyone is well! <3
*FancySmooches*

30 comments

  1. Why can't I get my jeans to freaking fray like that? I'm close to tears lol. I love the jeans and outfit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahah :)
      The fraying took time to do, like an hour! >.<
      I go one by one on each string and fray it (time consuming, lol)....
      and Thank youuuuuu!
      xx

      Delete
  2. The shorts are so amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane :) glad you like them!!!

      Delete
  3. Yay!! For DIY shorts! Yours came out so dope and love how you styled it:) Totally with you on the hoarding thing haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^_^ "Yayyyyy"! hahah and Thank you!
      yeah, Im glad to know I'm not the only one :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Aw :3 Thank you Nini! Your so sweet <3

      Delete
  5. I've just done a huge clear out myself and it feels SO good to have a wardrobe full of clothes that you love. Love the outfit, awesome that its thrifted! You manage to find such good things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O yessss, it does feel good!!! I felt like I accomplished so much when I was done yesterday! Im looking forward to buying NEW things, heehee!
      and Thank you,I've just been lucky lately at the thrift store so hopefully it keeps up! XD

      Delete
  6. I am seriously crazy about your way of styling!
    It is so great!

    Hugs Gittemary.blogspot.com
    Check out my blog, for newest post on how to style bright jeans!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Thank you so much Mary and I will def make sure to check out your post!!
      xx

      Delete
  7. Oh my, this outfit is soo perfect! Love love love xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lucy!! Yay, glad you LOVE it ^_^
      <3

      Delete
  8. I love how you style your outfits :)

    Your hair looks awesome! You fray your jeans really well, mine only come out o.k - I'll keep trying though!

    I know what you mean about feeling like you have nothing to wear, but it's good to sort everything out :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanksss girl! yeah I like to take my time and really "fray" them,
      Yesterday when I was cleaning out my closet, I created a "come back to pile" so I wouldn't throw away things that I regret. So yeah, it def helps to sort through them :)

      Delete
  9. Great outfit. I love what you did to the jeans they came out Great!
    The thrift store is amazing I really don't step into the mall anymore when I do I'm going around saying I can make that! lol.
    I also have a great problem with hoarding I hope I'm not in one of those hoarding shows when I'm older. D:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank youuu Corin!
      and OMGoshh yes, it's crazy how thrfiting can affect your mind set as far as shopping at the mall or anywhere else. Im always like, "oh I can find something similar to that at the thrift store" or like you said "I can make that"..so TRUE! :) As far as hoarding, you and me both, my mom always tells me when I get order I'm going to be one of those people on the hoarding shows >.< I hope not. It's just hard to throw away stuff for what ever reason. hahah!
      xx

      Delete
  10. Wow, I am in love with this outfit! Especially the shorts. And it's all thrifted? Lucky :(
    I never can get rid of anything in my closet either, no matter how hard I try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank youuuu :) :) and yeah it's really hard! Sometimes you just don't want to have the regret throwing away something you shouldn't have :) hahahh!

      Delete
  11. This whole outfit is love!

    www.together-inspired.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want those shorts! lool the whole outfit is so yumm & ur Cameroonian! so am i! high five! lol xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah, Thank you!!!
      SUPER high five back, that's so awesome :)
      xx

      Delete