Meet: Efe Abugo CollegeFashionista G-R-O-O-V-Y Freedom lies Within You Fancy Muffin takes on the Afro Punk festival Ed Sheeran Concert

You can't seperate yourself from the world if your always with them

September 27, 2012

Collar Dress| DIY/ROSS       Belt| Thrifted       Wedges,Jacket, Earrings|F21      Backpack|ROSS 
This outfit reminds me of Wednesday from the "Adams family," her signature white collar dresses are so lovely. Anyone else use to watch the Adam's Family?, I always thought the show was very interesting, entertaining and slightly scary (I'm a scaredy cat). 
To feed my peter pan craving at the moment, I sewed on this white collar to my black lace dress The sewing isn't to perfect because I was rushing when I did it. I literally was doing my accounting HW at night and instantly stopped  doing it when I had the idea for the DIY. I guess I was itching for a DIY project, hahah. 
I have been SUPER DUPER  busy lately with school assignments and campus activities...you know, the usual school year stuff. I haven't even started making the custom shorts for the winners of my giveaway, luckily they are understanding and are being patient (thankful for that). On top of all of that, I am trying to balance getting things ready for my online store, set to start up in a few months. In the mist of everything though, I've been really enjoying the cool whether and wearing boots almost everyday. I hope to make my Fall lookbook soon and  I have a DIY  in mind that I want to record. We will see how this weekend goes.
The title from this blog post was quoted from a very inspiring youtube video that I saw this week about a young gal who started her own lipstick brand, "the Lipbar". In the video she talks about how she started her business and how pursuing your dreams while staying true to yourself, can pay off. Find your niche, what you love doing, what will help others, and work towards fulfilling it.  Check out  the video LINK below!!
*FancySmooches*

WATCH HERE:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW6_lnaIH78&feature=BFa&list=UUvTh4HDyEzvIZ-C14HhCtAw

30 comments

  1. I love where you have taken these photos, it's cute and I love your wedges!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank youuu!! Fall is coming up so I def will be taking more pictures in those kinds of settings! :)

      Delete
  2. Wednesday addams! Love it! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the dress and the platforms

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, love the outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg yes I remember the Adams family!! I love your hair omg it's so cool! You have such a cool photo style:)) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah,, :)
      and THANK YOUU so much Taya!!!

      Delete
  6. I used to watch the Adams Family all of the time :D

    You look so cool, I love your dress and you always have the most amazing hats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a great show, and Thank youuuuu :D
      xx

      Delete
  7. First of all, I've never seen dip dyed braids and I LOVE IT. That video was so inspiring...I'm from Michigan and I never hear too many stories about young black women who do such big things with their lives; I really didn't know you could make lipstick and her story totally opened up my mind. Amazing blog, cute style, following :)

    -Ezi

    ikintoo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ezi :))
      yeah I really got so much inspiration from watching the video, thats why I wanted to share it on my blog, in hopes that it can empower others to find their niche :) Their are alot of Afrian American women doing big things out there but you just don't really hear much about it, so I was happy to come across this video :D
      xx

      Delete
  8. Beautiful pictures and I love your outfit :)

    http://Heidi-likes.blogspit.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry, my previous comment was so dumb haha! I love the video you have attached to this post :)
    I am still following you! And I am still, of course, obsessed with your style! <3 Sorry for being such an idiot haha! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahh, I didn't see the previous post, what ever it was im sure you weren't an idoit, loll :)
      and Thanks , I appreciate it!!
      <3

      Delete
  11. Wow you have such amazing style! I absolutely love this outfit!
    dimplesdiaries
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha I was totally think Adam's Family's Wednesday too. Childhood idol tbh (screw Barbie!)
    Love it :)

    The Lovelorn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HEEHEE!
      ....the Adam's Family was AWESOME!!!
      :D

      Delete
  13. Your style is fabulous, I love how you styled your outfit, you look wonderful as always!
    wow, Melissa Butler is very inspiring, thanks for sharing the video!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank youuu :) and isn't she, her story is so inspiring, and your welcome!
      xx

      Delete
  14. I used to watch Adams Family all the time, I think I like the movie better tho. And you definitely look like wednesday with this outfit, I love the collar.

    ReplyDelete
  15. if you want me to be the first french black girl who talking about english fashion style vote : http://www.golden-blog-awards.fr/blogs/ninixnappy.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your hair is amaaaaazing! Love this look, I'm your new follower.

    ReplyDelete