Meet: Efe Abugo CollegeFashionista G-R-O-O-V-Y Freedom lies Within You Fancy Muffin takes on the Afro Punk festival Ed Sheeran Concert

YUNA | Live Your Life

December 18, 2012

Velvet Dress|Thrift Store/DIY   Hat&Purse|Thrift Store   Boots|JC Penny    Faux fur chain|Vendors

My semester officially ended Saturday night when I submitted my last Economics assignment, ahhhh, **relief**. I feel like I have a bit of time on my hands, it's like, "what to do first". I can't believe Christmas is a week from now, WOW! It's also my mothers birthday, so it's going to be LOVELY.
 I got this divine velvet dress from my local thrift store, I reconstructed it by adding a lace collar and a vintage heart shaped button. The length of the dress was above my knees,so I hemmed it. I love how it turned out. I am loving velvet at thee moment, especially around this time of the year, anyone else?  So my productive day began when I entered to win Ed Sherran tickets from my local radio show, he is coming to Maryland to perform in January, its a SOLD OUT show and I am really hoping that I win them. If I do, I would also get an opportunity to meet him back stage **FAINTS** I have my fingers crossed!!!
I saw this beautiful TOPSHOP tube skirt on the Nordstrom website, I'm really thinking about getting it, I already  have Nordstrom gift card that has been chilling in my wallet for literally a year now so I think..........IT'S TIME. I usually prefer flare and flowy skirts, I am so foreign to tube skirts but the FUN galaxy print makes me want to give it a try!
I will talk to you guys soon, I am going to a Christmas party this week, so expect loads of pictures in my next post!
*Fancy Smooches*


36 comments

  1. You're fab by the way. You can do no wrong :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahh, thanks Olivia :)
      btw.... your are the FABBBB one!! <3

      Delete
  2. I have a obsession with Ed Sheeran I mention him on my blog all the time if u win the tickets I pls take pics with Ed and post them where we can see
    thecloudgalaxy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I just saw the post, I love "DRUNK" ,the video is too hilarious but most in importantly it has a meaning to it just like ALLLL his song! ahhh, I LOVE ED SHEERAN! <333333

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous! Love the outfit and 100% agree with Olivia :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 aw, you are too SWEET diane!
      thank youuuu :3

      Delete
  4. WERK IT. you look great and the scenery is so twilght looking (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heehee, :D
      yeah it was really FOGGY that morning so it actually worked out great, THANK YOU Nakia :)

      Delete
  5. this is such a smooth song, i adore it :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. isn't it?! i recently discovered her music and i love it!
      another good one by her is "Someone out of town" and "Lullabies" check them out! SOOOO GOOD!

      Delete
  6. congrats on turning in your last paper, I still have one left that its due january 3rd bummer=( I love your divine dress and I wanna ask you how do you the mirror effect on your pics... and what do you use to edit them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh Jan. 3, I say just hurry and get it over with, you will enjoy the RELIEF :) and I use picmonkey.com to edit my pictures, to get the mirror effect all I do is upload a picture and I use the rotate option, to change the direction of the photo, I "FLIP" it, so now the photo is facing the opposite direction then before! I then created a 2 photo collage with the original picture and the picture that I edited facing the opposite direction! i hope this helps Amanda, let me know if you need any further help :)
      xx

      Delete
  7. BEAUTIFUL! I love velvet dresses for winter, just bought an UO one xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Velvet dresses are so lovelyyyy :) and im sure your UO one is gorgeous, I was just one their website yesterday, they have so much good stuff on sale!

      Delete
  8. I LOVE what you did with your dress! I've been into velvet lately too, it looks so amaizng and it's comfy. I hope you win those Ed tickets!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I couldn't resist putting the collar on there :) and I hope I win those tickets too!!!!! OMGoshh, <3<3 lol

      Delete
  9. ahh love this outfit! awesome dress and omg hope u win those tickets! ed sheeran is amazinggg, and that skirt is so pretty! getit ;) xo
    www.thefrillseekers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ED SHEERAN is the definition of UH-MA-ZING, totally agree with you, he's great, ahahaa (just a "tab bit " obsessed) and thank you Leah :)

      Delete
  10. amazing outfit! I love your shoes! xx

    http://kimsophi.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the velvet dress, such a great thrift find!! It would be so cute for a holiday party.

    http://heydahye.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, Thank you! one of my lucky buys, right in time for the holidays :)
      xx

      Delete
  12. You have such unique style. I love it :)

    My brother and I have a fashion Blog check it out when you have the chance Antashemethod.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This look is perfect, i love your blog!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is SO cool what you did with the dress! It looks amazing. And I applaud you for being able to save your Nordstrom gift card...all my Christmas money and gift cards are gone by the end of the week!

    Greta xoxo
    laviedegreta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahah, lol! Thank youu :)
      Im usually itching to gift cards when I have them but for some reason I kept this one, heehee

      Delete
  15. I'm so jealous of thrift stores! :( that bag is gorgeous! I'm in love with your dress also, great outfit post as usual! ;D
    Taya xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahee, every time I come home with thrifted items, I think of you and howyou dont have thfit store where you are and I just think "Ahh, only if I could teleport" :)

      Delete
  16. Gorgeousss dress! Love your blog.

    http://crystalcosmicchic.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. that dress is almost as cool as you

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the dress and the bag is beautiful!xx

    http://thelittlejennywren.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete