Meet: Efe Abugo CollegeFashionista G-R-O-O-V-Y Freedom lies Within You Fancy Muffin takes on the Afro Punk festival Ed Sheeran Concert

VINTAGE VISION

January 13, 2013

Coat Dress, Hat, Backpack| Thrift Store   Top|H&M    Boots| JC Penny
How vintage are these photos, I felt the need to edit them so I could go with the whole vintage vibe, heehe! I hope all is well with everyone. I have two more weeks until I'm back to school, so I am trying to squeeze as much as I can from this winter break and get things done. Thank you all for the feed back I got regarding the hair color dye to get, I was 98% sure that I would go with the apple green color before I asked for everyone's input BUT in the end, I ended up going with  alpine green color. I absolutely don't regret it too, the color is like a rich teal green..it's really PRETTY! I can't wait to dye my hair next week and show you all the results! 
This vintage coat dress is a KEEPER! I remember when I was deciding weather or not to get it at the thrift store, a lady walked up to me and was like "Oh my Gosh, that is so back in the day, totally the 80's... not many people can pull it off, it would look good on you."  I am always contemplating on weather or not I should purchase an item from the thrift store 1.)They do not except returns or exchanges so I am stuck with it, which can be a waste of money and 2.)The same reason as number one. So I usually ask myself like 10 times "why I need this item," or "what can I wear this with," this usually involves a lot of  talking to myself, I'm such a introvert, heehee.
In the end I ended up getting the coat dress. I hemmed the bottom because it was a bit long, and I removed the massive shoulder pads.
I hope everyone has a wonderful week ahead!
*Fancy Smooches*





32 comments

  1. Love the coat and these pictures!

    www.representing-me.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank youuu, glad you like them ^_^

      Delete
  2. I love these photos! Very vintagey! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, def what I as going for (mission accomplished)
      :)

      Delete
  3. That hat is gorgeous! And I love these photos, so beauts xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU Olivia :) :)
      yeah that hat is my fav at thee moment!
      xx

      Delete
  4. You are just so beautiful. Love that blazer and love your style!

    Tomilola

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Tomilola you really are so beautiful!!! Love the coat and can't wait to see how you rock that color on your hair :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, DIANE!!! Thank youuu :3
      **fingers crossed** I hope it turns out right
      <3

      Delete
  6. I love how you thrifted basically this whole outfit! Can't wait to see how your hair turns out! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I know, I realized that when I posted this, heehee! Thats great, WHOOO :)

      Delete
  7. Love it!

    thefashi0nistanextdoor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. your hair, that backpack = so amazing

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are pretty much the thrift store queen.
    Love the outfit & super excited to see your hair. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yayyyy! I will one day claim that title :) haaahaa
      Thank you <3 <3
      xx

      Delete
  10. I totally love your vintage look! The backpack is for sure my fav piece though!

    -Nico

    www.SatinAndsalt.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanksss Nico :3
      the backpack is my bestfriend, i hold her very dear to me!lol
      its pretty much become my everyday bag :)

      Delete
  11. love the photos i agree with the lady you are rocking that coat/dress!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like so much long red jacket and hat! You look so stylish!
    kisses and hugs from Istanbul)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. woww, thanks so much! Glad you like the look as much as I do :)

      Delete
  13. Absolute peach of a blog

    Sincerely, Alexa x

    http://wishbone-vintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your coat is amazing, I am absoulutely in love with it:) Great outfit!

    kisses, Sasha

    www.sassychicsasha.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This coat is gorgeous, you look lovely x

    ReplyDelete