Meet: Efe Abugo CollegeFashionista G-R-O-O-V-Y Freedom lies Within You Fancy Muffin takes on the Afro Punk festival Ed Sheeran Concert

CollegeFashionista: Meet Efe Abugo

January 13, 2015

Efe's Photography taken from his Tumblr
 This humble well dressed fella goes by the name of Efe Abugo. Baltimore born, but let's not forget those Nigerian roots, is muchly talented with a sharp eye for the lens. He is today's feature for my article on CollegeFashionista. This is now Efe's fifth year dabbling into photography. He started taking photos just on his Iphone (started from the bottom now we here) and has grown tremendously . Please make sure to check out his work
Major: Public Relations w/ an interest in Fashion Photography
Whats Inspires your style?
My life experiences definitely play the biggest part in my style. I always went to schools where I wore the entire dress pants, button up shirt and tie ensemble. Through every step of my education, I also played one sport or another. I really feel as if that background laid the foundation for the clothes I wear today. I always find myself reaching for more formal attire that is clean cut, neutral and athletic in build. I definitely draw inspiration from designers such as Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez of Proenza Schouler, Ricardo Tisci of Givenchy and Yohji Yamamoto. All in all, I just try to stay true to myself. There is no point in following trends. As the saying goes, to lead the orchestra, you must turn your back on your crowd.


What fall trend are you really into?
I am really into overcoats. They add the final touch to an outfit I don't feel any other type of outerwear offers. I think they provide a certain depth to an outfit any fashion enthusiast desires.


What is your staple item in your wardrobe this time of the year?
The staple item in my wardrobe right now is definitely my tan I Love Ugly Smart Pants. The clean, tapered cut paired with the soft, neutral color make them a perfect fit for almost any outfit.
What is your STYLE ADVICE OF THE WEEK? “Always strive for creativity within your clothing. Your style is a chance to express yourself. Everyday is another opportunity to put an outfit together that you will truly love.”
 

6 comments

  1. love it...
    http://exitwonds.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!! I need his hat, and he has great photography. Great style advice too!

    onacruz blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) yeahh, his work is so pleasing!! xx

      Delete
  3. Nigerians stay winning!! #YesBiased lol

    www.cassiedaves.com

    ReplyDelete