Meet: Efe Abugo CollegeFashionista G-R-O-O-V-Y Freedom lies Within You Fancy Muffin takes on the Afro Punk festival Ed Sheeran Concert

How Would You Wear | Ankara

January 20, 2015


AFRICANS KEEP YOUR CULTURE- Majek Fashek
  
This month, I participated in another round of Diane's "How Would you Wear" series. This months style choice featured Ankara Fabric. One of my favoirte blogs to follow closely that covers Ankara fashion is All Thing Ankara by Bille Jean. I get so inspired by all the vibrant fabric and designs that designers come up with using Ankara fabric.
There is no doubt that Ankara is in right now, these days, you can find celebrities like Beyonce, Solange and Elle Varner incorporating it into their everyday wear. If you were to go to my moms closet you would see her wardrobe filled with plenty of Ankara outfits.This fabric has been around for a long time within the African culture, mostly West and Central.
I plan on wearing Ankara pretty much all Spring, the 100% cotton material makes your garments breathable. For my outfit, I made the bralette then sewed the remaining fabric onto the jeans. I threw over the oversized cardigan because it was freezing outside.
Check out how the other stylish ladies styled their Ankara outfits, so lovely!!!
xx

 

13 comments

  1. That's so fantastically inventine; sewing the Ankara onto your jeans. And it looks so great. I'm ridiculously tempted to try it out as well now though I can't sew worth a damn.

    www.glitterdaiquiri.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TRY IT!! I quick way to do it if you cant sew is to use Modge Podge Fabric glue. Work just as good :)

      Delete
  2. Love love this look. Ankara on jeans? Yessss!!!

    www.tomilolaescada.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great!! Love the mix of denim and ankara fabric. :)

    missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Thank you so much :)

      Delete
  4. This two piece is great, it's super cute!

    Twinvibes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. very edgy and unique! looove how you styled Ankara and mee too, really feeling to wear Ankara during the Spring /Summer !

    http://lifeofacameo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! I just want to get a whole bunch of outfits made and make them myself, lol
      Thank youuu

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete